Pages: 1 2

Recommended for You on Colour My Learning and Elsewhere on the Web

7 Comments

1. DaEmph
    June 8, 2015 @ 5:40 pm

Another great contender that should have been included is the Nextbook Flexx 11.6

2. PETER RANDRUP
    May 17, 2018 @ 7:34 am

I hate it when they call something a laptop then you find out it comes with only 32/64GB of storage. That’s a tablet! People used to want a touchscreen laptop with 500gb and 4-8gb RAM. And got it at a good price. Why do people choose (and pay to much) for wimpy tablets.?

• Li-ling Ooi
      August 23, 2018 @ 5:35 am

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Peter. We believe that with the push towards cloud storage and the significantly improved connectivity thought WiFi/3G/4G the storage space onboard becomes less of an issue that it used to be before.

3. PETER RANDRUP
    May 17, 2018 @ 7:51 am

All but one is either 10.1-inch or 11.6 inch and have longer battery life. 5 – 12 hours. With larger RAM and a big HDDs you get maybe 4 hours of battery life. Is that the way it is usually? I prefer a 14 inch laptop.

• Li-ling Ooi
      August 23, 2018 @ 5:36 am

Yes the screen size does make a significant difference on the battery life as it is one of the most demanding aspects of computers and tablets.

4. Peter
    June 15, 2020 @ 11:05 am

I’m sorry but I wouldn’t call these “BUDGET” tables or laptops. I wanted something dirt cheap. My previous tablet was an RCA Cambio with a detachable keyboard, plus it had a 128GB SSD, The look , the screen and the speed of the tablet were excellent but the issues I had with it was a battery that only gave me 2.5 hours run time (length of time before battery is dead) off a full charge. And a few other things like painted on keyboard letters that started to wear off very quickly. It as quit heavy, and the battery had stopped charging to 100%….at most I got 75 to 80%. After about 1 year it started getting “glitchy” (flickering and doing weird things on its own) that caused my to wonder if it was on its last legs.

Overall I have a soft spot for the Cambi partly because it was my first tablet/laptop ever. It was really the battery that makes me hesitant to buy another RCA. My Cambio cost about $150 with a case, if I remember right? I’ve looked at other RCA (and others) and they say 6..8…10 hours on a charge. The advert on mine said 6 hours…later RCA told me the 6 hours was standby time. Who cares how long it lasts if its not being used. I think I’ll choose a new tablet based on batter mAh. The Cambio I believe is only 4500 or 5000 mAh Need 6000 mAh minimum but prefer more. Also want Octacore not Quadcore.

• Samuel J Tan
      June 15, 2020 @ 3:40 pm

Hi Peter, Thank you for your message. Yes, what you recommended is what we deem ultra budget. I would agree that at $150, it’s a steal. Our post focuses primarily on mainstream 2-in-1 hybrids particularly those with rotating hinges for students. In the future, we might look into ultra budget laptops and tablets.