Benefits of iPad 2 for Education – At a Glance
With the processing power on the iPad 2, software developers will continue to create new apps that will replace many of the key applications found on the desktop counterpart, making the tablet more and more viable for education. These and many of the existing educational apps and resources that are available on the AppStore and iTunes U be it free or commercial will definitely make a strong case for schools, colleges and academies deciding to adopt the iPad.
So what benefits will the new generation iPad 2 bring to education? These are just some of our thoughts:
- The ability to create, edit and share photos and videos
- The capability of video conferencing with users of iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad in other countries.
- Access to eductional apps through the AppStore both free and commercial, at time of writing there are over 500,000 apps (65,000 apps when iPad 2 was first launched).
- Access to educational content, books, news and web (iTunes U, iBook, BBC, TED, Wikipedia etc)
- The ability to create and mix music (Garage Band for iPad, available on the AppStore)
- The ability to capture and edit High Definition videos (iMovie for iPad, available on the AppStore)
- The Touch and Gesture interface makes it easy and approachable for early learners
- Bigger screen than both the iPhone and iPod Touch means easy access
- The same all day computing with long battery life of 10 hours which schools are now used to with the likes of netbooks.
- Fast and capable dual core processor and graphics
Would you consider using iPad in schools? Would the drop in price makes a difference? Have you already made the move and starting to deploy more and more iPads? We would like to hear your thoughts and experience.
- Page 1: Cheaper iPad is Great for Education
- Page 2: Let’s Look At the Details
- Page 3: Fast Forward to today
- Page 4: Closing the Application Gap
- Final Thoughts: Benefits of iPad 2 for Education [You Are Here]
Don’t forget to Rate the Article: