Pages: 1 2

Samuel Tan

Sam is a tech evangelist, e-learning and learning platform enthusiast, tablet and smartphone chomping maniac, mac and windows zealot, wireless & network genius, developer, designer, user experience tinkerer, moodle and sharepoint two timer, social media junkie, web analyst and server engineer (and an all round good guy).He has over 18 years of tech experience ranging from ground-breaking university research networks to high level secure government extranet projects. He has overseen many megabuck project deployments from Building Schools for Future to harnessing technology, improving sustainability and realising a performance framework for technology in school.And now, while every other so-called expert and consultant is plotting away on world domination, Sam is quietly working on helping each and every teacher, lecturer and trainer, one school at a time to make the most of Technology for Teaching to enrich every child’s learning experience.

8 Comments

1. Vinod Kulkarni
    January 13, 2015 @ 11:41 am

Superb review of all top phablets, thanks Samuel!

2. EDWIN HERNANDEZ
    January 23, 2015 @ 5:01 pm

excellent review….congratilations

3. Colour My Learning
    January 25, 2015 @ 11:44 am

A kind reader has notified us of the availability of update for Sony Xperia Z Ultra, next on the road map is Android Lollipop 5.0, see http://support.sonymobile.com/us/xperiazultra/software/

4. Birgir Örn Birgisson
    January 28, 2015 @ 12:57 pm

what about Huawei mediapad X1 ?????

5. Colour My Learning
    January 28, 2015 @ 2:03 pm

Thank you for your comment, while Huawei MediaPad X1 7.0 has all the features of a phone, it is still a tablet first. The company has also advertised this as a tablet > see under the Tablets tab on the official site. The MediaPad X1 7.0 is listed next to another tablet that they offer, the MediaPad M1 8.0.

We may consider pitching this against other similar tablets with phone capabilities.

6. Kreetel
    July 15, 2015 @ 8:37 am

My HTC one max has a fingerprint scanner.

• Colour My Learning
      July 15, 2015 @ 1:13 pm

Thanks Kreetel, we have update the article to include Fingerprint scanner on HTC One Max in the comparison.

• Kreetel
        July 15, 2015 @ 6:37 pm

Amazing. I just wanted to let you know. I happen to love the feature and enjoy it very much. It works 8 times out of 10 for me due to the way I slide my finger on it. Nonetheless, its a wonderful phone with no issues on my end just yet. 🙂