Samuel Tan

Sam is a tech evangelist, e-learning and learning platform enthusiast, tablet and smartphone chomping maniac, mac and windows zealot, wireless & network genius, developer, designer, user experience tinkerer, moodle and sharepoint two timer, social media junkie, web analyst and server engineer (and an all round good guy).He has over 18 years of tech experience ranging from ground-breaking university research networks to high level secure government extranet projects. He has overseen many megabuck project deployments from Building Schools for Future to harnessing technology, improving sustainability and realising a performance framework for technology in school.And now, while every other so-called expert and consultant is plotting away on world domination, Sam is quietly working on helping each and every teacher, lecturer and trainer, one school at a time to make the most of Technology for Teaching to enrich every child’s learning experience.

8 Comments

1. Colour My Learning
    January 26, 2013 @ 12:23 pm

You can also Sync your iOS device with Google Contacts using CardDAV with the steps below:

Here’s how to sync your contacts to your device:

Open the Settings application on your device.
    1. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    2. Select Add Account…
    3. Select Other
    4. Select Add CardDAV Account
    5. Fill out your account information in the following fields:

Server: Enter “google.com”

User Name: Enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.

Password: Your Google Account or Google Apps password. (If you’ve enabled 2 Step verification, you’ll need to generate and enter an application specific password.)

Description: Enter a description of the account (e.g. Personal Contacts).

6. Select Next at the top of your screen.

Make sure that the “Contacts” option is turned to ON.

2. Soeutin
    May 9, 2013 @ 10:37 am

Great Article. Thank you Samuel. For messages transferring, I use Backuptrans Android SMS to iPhone Transfer. Hope this can help other users.

3. victoryox
    July 15, 2013 @ 5:49 am

If you’d like to move photos from android to iphone, you may check out this step-by-step guide http://www.android-to-iphone.com/phototransfer/transfer-photos-android-iphone/
    it works excellent for me

4. Anna
    July 30, 2013 @ 7:05 am

This was SO helpful! Thank you!

5. Debbie
    October 8, 2013 @ 8:32 pm

Thank you so much for adding this! I was actual
    ly on the phone with a Sprint Tech Support person, but told him I’d found instructions and to just hang with me in case they didn’t work…..amazingly, this 54 year old non-tech cell phone lady did it on my own successfully! YAHHHHHH

6. Herbs Online
    February 3, 2014 @ 1:45 pm

While this might not be the best method, I have found it best served what I needed when transferring my Android HTC contacts to my iphone 5:

First, I don’t have a Gmail account, and even if I had, I would not wish to mix my email addresses with my iphone address book by syncing Gmail with my iphone address book. As a result, I used the above method in order to manually export my Android HTC contacts to my computer and in turn import them to my iphone 5.